Fetto C-Luxe—Great White Distortion
HistoryOnce upon a time Himmelstrutz Elektro Art designed and made a pedal named Fetto Deluxe. This pedal came to be kind of a big brother of Fetto Standard and got popular by guitar players with higher wishes and healthy demands.
From 2007-2009 Fetto Deluxe was made in about 100 copies and was then abruptly discontinued. The reason for this is still a mystery.
PresentDue to a number of inquiries and a bit of inspiration, the mysteriously named Fetto C-Luxe was born out of the ashes of the Fetto Deluxe. It brings back the much missed 'Core' control, allowing the user to sweep the voltage of the pedal from 6 volts to 22 volts, all while using a standard 9 volts battery or plug. Additionally, it maintains that original Fetto Deluxe voice that is capable of being more 'modern' sounding than the other pedals in the Fetto lineup while still retaining all the qualities that make them special: perfect string separation, clarity, unparalleled dynamics, and amplike, organic sound.
- Drive—Overdrive/Distortion control
- Tone—Tone control (passive treble cut)
- Core—Uncompression/Power control—like comparing tube amps from 20 watts w. tube rectifier (Core min.) to 100 watts w. diode rectifier (Core max.)
- Volume—as loud as you'll ever need
- Mid*—mid character (passive/3 way toggle)
- Presence*—more or less higher frequencies (passive/3 way toggle)
- Internal controls: 'Bass', & 'Gain' trimmers
- GIMME—true bypass switching
* Thanks to the Mid and Presence switches difficult amps (ala Fender) can also get Great Distortion. Internal controls for Bass, Gain(s), and Global Drive are of course included in this peerless diamond.
CharacterPerfect string separation, all the way from smooth overdrive into an unusual punchy distortion landscape. Forget about losing the character of your instrument or amplifier. Designed to match the volume control on your guitar perfectly. Most pedals sounds just like a pedal. Not the case with the Fetto's—which sound and feel like an extension of your amp. For those who need everything from almost clean into heavy, punchy heaven here we go!
- All original and handmade Himmelstrutz design. Further development of Fetto Deluxe and Fetto Custom
- Mechanical (true) bypass switching, ON indicated with a blue LED
- External control knobs: 'Drive', 'Tone', 'Core', 'Volume'
- External switches: 'Mid', 'Presence'
- Power Consumption: 9 V DC/3-4 mA (= rich battery life). Battery included. FETTO-C-Luxe should never be powered with more than 9 V DC.
- AC Adapter (Optional): 9 V DC, center-pin negative (Straight plug, BOSS Standard connection, regulated power supply)
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 111,6/61,6/50,0 mm (4,37/2,4/1,9 In)
- Weight: 450 grams (0,99 lbs)
- Colour, finish: May vary depending on season and reason. August 2011-2012: 'Stockholm White' (RAL 9010) + 6 copies of Brushed Steel